Restoration of Voting Rights

Unconditionally Discharged?

  • If you are no longer serving a sentence and have been unconditionally discharged from supervision by the Department of Corrections, you can register to vote in Alaska.

  • The Division of Elections must receive proof of your unconditional discharge from the supervising entity. If you do not have a letter or discharge papers, please contact your probation or parole office to obtain one and submit it to the Division of Elections.

Felony Conviction?

  • If you have been convicted of a crime involving moral turpitude or are on probation (parole) for the same crime, you are not eligible to register to vote.

Contact the Department of Corrections