What can a person do if he or she becomes aware of a violation of the Help America Vote Act (HAVA)?
A person who believes that there is a violation of any provision of Title III of HAVA, including a violation that has occurred, is occurring, or is about to occur, with respect to an election for national office, may file a written, notarized complaint with the Division of Elections.
A violation of Title III would include issues dealing with the following HAVA sections:
- Voting system standards and accessibility for persons with disabilities.
- Provisional (questioned) voting requirements.
- Voter information requirements.
- Statewide voter registration requirements and requirements for voters who register by mail.
Complaints for HAVA Title III violations must be filed using the division’s administrative complaint form.
- Administrative Complaint Filing Process
- Administrative Complaint Form