Who Can Register and Who Can Vote
In order to register to vote in Alaska you must:
- be a United States citizen;
- be an Alaska resident;
- be at least 18 years old or within 90 days of your 18th birthday;
- not be a convicted felon, unless your voting rights have been restored; and
- not be registered to vote in another state unless you are willing to cancel your registration in the other state.
Determining residence for voting purposes:
- For voting purposes, you are considered an Alaska resident if you reside in the state and intend to remain here or you leave with the intent to return.
A person may vote who:
- is a United States citizen;
- is 18 years of age;
- has been a resident of the state and of the election district in which the person seeks to vote for at least 30 days before an election;
- has registered to vote on or before the registration deadline; and
- is not registered to vote in any other jurisdiction.