Military and Overseas Voters
- The Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act (UOCAVA)
Learn about the Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act.
- Active Military, Merchant Marine, Eligible Spouse or Dependent
Information on voter registration and voting options available to military members and families.
- Overseas Citizen
Information on voter registration and voting options available if you are outside the United States.
- Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot (FWAB)
Applied to receive a by-mail ballot and it has not arrived? As a military member, merchant marine, eligible spouse or dependent or U.S. citizen, find
out information on voting the FWAB.
Track your Absentee Ballot Request and the Status of Your Ballot
1. Enter your information
2. Verify that your Absentee Ballot Application has been processed
3. Check the date your ballot was sent
4. Verify that your returned ballot was received
The next federal and state elections to be conducted by the Division of Elections will be in August and November of 2016. You may begin to apply for an absentee ballot for the 2016 elections, beginning January 1, 2016.
If you are checking your absentee ballot status for the
October 4, 2016
Regional Educational Attendance Area local school board elections in rural areas of Alaska, please contact the
Absentee and Petition Office
for absentee ballot status.