Incorporation Election of the Proposed Second Class City of Naukati
Information for Voters
Election Day is Tuesday, April 11, 2006
This Election Will Be Conducted By Mail
There will be no polling place on election day.
YOU WILL BE VOTING ON THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS:
1. Shall Naukati be incorporated as a second class city?
2. Shall the City of Naukati be authorized to levy a 5% sales tax? (Approval of this proposition is a condition for incorporation; i.e., voters must authorize the City of Naukati to levy a 5% sales tax in order for incorporation to occur.)
3. Shall the City of Naukati be authorized to levy a 3.5 mill property tax? (Approval of this proposition is a condition for incorporation; i.e., voters must authorize the City of Naukati to levy a 3.5 mill property tax in order for incorporation to occur.)
4. If a majority of voters approves each of the three propositions above, then the City of Naukati will be governed by a seven-member city council at large. The mayor of the City of Naukati will be elected by and from the City Council.
- TO VOTE:
Ballots were mailed on Monday, March 20, 2006. The ballots were mailed to the mailing address on your voter record. If your mailing address has changed or if you will not be at your mailing address, contact the Region I Elections Office at (907) 465-3021.
The ballots WILL NOT FORWARD. If your mail will be forwarded during this time, contact the Region I Elections Office at (907) 465-3021.
For your ballot to be counted, you must:
1. Sign the return ballot envelope.
2. Provide at least one identifier on the return ballot envelope.
3. Have your signature witnessed. Ask one person over the age of 18 or the postmaster or election official to be your witness.
4. Ballots must be voted and postmarked on or before Election Day, April 11, 2006.
An election official will have ballots
and will be available for absentee in-person voting and assistance
at Tammy Richter's residence in Naukati from Monday March 27th through Tuesday, April 11, 2006. You may contact Tammy at (907) 629-4104 for hours of operation, as absentee voting will be available as needed. Absentee voting and other assistance will also be available at the Juneau, Anchorage, Fairbanks and Nome election offices.
Questions about voting by-mail? Call the Region I Elections Office at (907) 465-3021
This election is being conducted by the State of Alaska, Division of
Region I Elections Office, 9109 Mendenhall Mall Rd, Ste 3, Juneau, Alaska 99811-0018