Consolidation Election of the City of Ketchikan and the Ketchikan Gateway Borough
Information for Voters
Election Day is Tuesday, November 21, 2006
This Election Will Be Conducted By Mail
There will be no polling place on election day.
YOU WILL BE VOTING ON THE FOLLOWING QUESTION:
1. SHALL THE CITY OF KETCHIKAN AND THE KETCHIKAN GATEWAY BOROUGH BE CONSOLIDATED AS ONE GOVERNMENT, THE HOME-RULE MUNICIPALITY OF KETCHIKAN? Yes or No
The question must be approved by a majority of the people who vote. To vote in the election, a person must be registered to vote within the area to be included in the proposed new borough by October 20, 2006, which equates to 30 days before the election.
- TO VOTE:
Ballots will be mailed on Monday, October 20, 2006. The ballots will be mailed to the mailing address on your voter record. If your mailing address has changed or if you will not be at your mailing address, contact the Region I Elections Office at (907) 465-3021.
The ballots WILL NOT FORWARD. If your mail will be forwarded during this time, contact the Region I Elections Office at (907) 465-3021.
For your ballot to be counted, you must:
1. Sign the return ballot envelope.
2. Provide at least one identifier on the return ballot envelope.
3. Have your signature witnessed. Ask one person over the age of 18 or the postmaster or election official to be your witness.
4. Ballots must be voted and postmarked on or before Election Day, November 21, 2006.
An election official will have ballots
and will be available for absentee in-person voting and assistance
in Ketchikan from Monday November 6th through Tuesday, November 21, 2006. Absentee voting and other assistance will also be available at the Juneau, Anchorage, Kenai, Fairbanks, Mat-Su and Nome election offices.
Questions about voting by-mail? Call the Region I Elections Office at (907) 465-3021
This election is being conducted by the State of Alaska, Division of
Region I Elections Office, 9109 Mendenhall Mall Rd, Ste 3, Juneau, Alaska 99811-0018