Regional Educational Attendance Area (REAA) Election Information
REAA Election Day and Hours
- Annually on the first Tuesday in October.
- Polls are open Election Day from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
A Regional Educational Attendance Area (REAA) is an educational area that is established in an unorganized borough of the state
under AS 14.08.031(a). The REAA elections are held annually on the first Tuesday in October and are administered by
the Division of Elections. For more information about REAA boards or school districts in general, visit the
Department of Education's web site.
To locate a REAA town or to view current members, please click on a link below.
- Towns in REAA areas
- Quick reference to see which towns are in each REAA
- Current REAA school board members
- Current REAA run-off elections
REAA Towns and Communities
For additional information registration, dates, absentee voting, candidacy and ballot information, click on a link below for additional information.