Official Election Pamphlet --
Applying to Vote by Mail / Registering to Vote
- All absentee by
mail ballot applications must be received AT LEAST 7 DAYS prior to
the election. APPLY EARLY TO RECEIVE YOUR BALLOT IN TIME. If you cannot
meet this deadline, you may wish to see the information on voting
ABSENTEE BY FAX.
- The absentee by mail ballot application is used as a voter registration application
and as an application to request an absentee ballot. If you need to register
for the first time or update your registration, your absentee by mail
application HAD TO BE POSTMARKED OR RECEIVED BY AUGUST 15 (30 DAYS BEFORE THE
DATE OF THE ELECTION).
- You may apply for absentee ballots on a single application for all statewide
elections in the same calendar year as long as the ballots are sent to the same
address. (To vote by mail in city and borough elections you must apply directly
to your city or borough clerk.)
- If you will be in Alaska on or after August 30, you may prefer to vote
- To assist us in reading your application, please PRINT clearly in ink.
- If you are an Alaska resident registering from out-of-state, you must provide proof
of your Alaska residency, such as a copy of your current Alaska driver's
license, hunting and fishing license, student loan documents, or military leave
and earning statements.
- NOTE TO RESIDENTS TEMPORARILY OUT-OF-STATE: To remain registered in Alaska
you must be an Alaska resident and provide your physical residence address
within the state. If you are temporarily outside Alaska, you may wish to
maintain your Alaska residence address as it appears on your current
registration record. If you provide a new residence address, it must be within
- If you have been convicted of a felony, you may still be eligible to register and/or
vote if you have been unconditionally discharged. Provide a copy of your
discharge papers with this registration.
MAIL OR FAX YOUR COMPLETED ABSENTEE BY MAIL BALLOT APPLICATION TO:
DIVISION OF ELECTIONS
ABSENTEE VOTING SECTION
PO BOX 110017
JUNEAU AK 99811-0017
PHONE: (907) 465-4611 - FAX: (907) 465-3203
Return to Official Election
Pamphlet Table of