(all content provided by the candidate)
|DATE OF BIRTH:||May 11, 1934|
|PLACE OF BIRTH:||Tucson, Arizona|
428 East 10th Avenue
Anchorage, Alaska 99501
PO Box 201516
Anchorage, AK 99520-1516
LENGTH OF RESIDENCY
IN ALASKA: 46 years
|Anchorage since 1984|
High School: GED. University of Alaska Anchorage, 1986-89, Business Administration.
United States Marine Corps, 1954-56, Honorable Discharge
POLITICAL AND GOVERNMENT POSITIONS:
Member, OSHA Review Board (appointed by Governor Wally Hickel). Member, Anchorage Budget Advisory Commission (appointed by Mayor Tom Fink).
BUSINESS AND PROFESSIONAL POSITIONS:
Owned and operated plumbing and heating business, 35 years. Certified Mechanical and Plumbing Contractor. OSHA Instructor. Served as Safety Director, Associated General Contractors of Alaska.
SERVICE ORGANIZATION(S) MEMBERSHIP:
Grace Community Church, American Legion, Elks, Moose, Anchorage Chamber of Commerce's Municipal Committee
Flying, fishing, community service
District 15 needs a representative who can
successfully fight, as a member of the Majority, for the
projects and programs our neighborhoods need. Our incumbent's
shortsighted partisanship has shortchanged our district. For
over forty years, I've worked all across Alaska on construction
projects ranging from single family homes to major industrial
and government complexes. That experience has taught me how
to manage material, money, and people to build a better state.
I'll represent the mainstream values of working Alaskans to:
- Fight back-door deals in Juneau to impose new taxes. No state income tax, sales tax, or any other statewide tax should be established unless approved by a direct vote of the people.
- Oppose schemes to raid the Permanent Fund and spend its resources to pay for government operations.
- Balance the state budget by cutting spending, streamlining operations, and eliminating programs we can't afford.
- Reform education by getting interest group agendas out of the classroom. Equalize education funding for all Alaskan children. Emphasize both strong academic standards and practical vocational skills to prepare students for real jobs.
- Promote job creation in every sector of our economy: natural resources, tourism, transportation, and retailing.
- Support police and prosecutors to keep our neighborhoods safe.
- Make government decision-making more accessible to the majority of Alaskans by moving the Legislative Session to a location in the Anchorage/South Central Region.
- Defend Alaska's Constitutional guarantee of equal hunting and fishing rights for all Alaskans.