|DATE OF BIRTH:||July 19, 1948|
|PLACE OF BIRTH:||Anchorage, Alaska|
Katheleen Bloodgood, Kirsten Deacon, Jeri Ann Ward
|RESIDENCE & MAILING ADDRESS:||
13126 Highview Drive
Anchorage, AK 99515
|OCCUPATION:||Real Estate Businessman|
|LENGTH OF RESIDENCY
IN ALASKA: 48 years
High School: West High School, 1966, GED
Technical/Vocational: Heavy Equipment School, Navy Sea Bees
Viet Nam: U.S. Navy, 3 years 7 months, Construction Man, Viet Nam Service Medal, Honorable Discharge
POLITICAL AND GOVERNMENT POSITIONS:
Past Member, Municipal Health Commission; Commissioner, Municipal Transportation; Commissioner, Municipal Veteran Affairs; Representative, Alaska House of Representatives in the Thirteenth Legislative Session; Rural Affairs Coordinator, Department of Corrections; Legislative Aide
BUSINESS AND PROFESSIONAL POSITIONS:
Real Estate Businessman
SERVICE ORGANIZATION(S) MEMBERSHIP:
Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 10252, American Legion Post 28
Fishing, hunting, and boating
I want to be YOUR State Senator because I believe I can
make a difference in our State's future. I oppose
unfunded mandates and liberal policies that assume our
citizens are hopeless. I believe in keeping government
out of the way of individual success and I'm against the
liberal democratic platform of giving people what they
don't earn. My motto is "Never let them out work you!"
I have strong belief in family and faith. One of my
highest priorities is to support legislation that reaffirms
the rights of parents to direct the upbringing of their
children. I believe that 1996 will be a great year for
Alaskans if we work hard, work smart, work honestly to
make it so.
As YOUR Senator I will work for:
* Our individual right to keep and bear arms.
* The permanent fund is in jeopardy and tax increases on the horizon. That nonsense has to stop. I have the courage and dedication to do the job right and keep the liberals hands out of our pockets. I oppose reimposing a state income tax or capping the Permanent Fund Dividend.
* Education is a priority that needs to encourage measurable academic standards while advocating more parental control and involvement. The idea of vouchers needs to be explored.
* Our road systems must be improved through better and cost efficient maintenance. The planning system for road improvements must be streamlined.
* Encourage oil development and other renewable and nonrenewable resources including tourism.
* Promote small businesses.
* Support Term Limits.