Active Uniformed Services, Merchant Marine, Commissioned Corps Members,
Spouses and Dependents and U.S. Citizens Living Temporarily Overseas

Register to Vote or Update Your Voter Registration

Online Registration

Paper Registration

In Person Registration

Registration Information

  • Are you planning on applying for an absentee ballot by mail or electronic transmission for the calendar year? If so, use the Absentee Ballot Application to register to vote or update your voter registration while applying for your ballot. Visit our Early and Absentee Voting Options webpage to use this application.
  • When registering to vote or updating your registration, you must provide an Alaska residence address.
  • You may maintain your Alaska residence address as it appears on your current record or at the address that you resided at prior to leaving Alaska if you are temporarily out of state and have intent to return. Active members of the Uniformed Services, Merchant Marine, commissioned corps and spouses are exempt from the intent to return requirement.
  • You must physically sign your application when completing a paper form.
  • You may send your completed paper application to the Absentee and Petition Office or if you need assistance, contact this office.

Voter Card

  • Once your form is processed, a voter registration card will be mailed to you. This may take up to four weeks to arrive.